Original title: 我的青春从爱你开始
Author: Orange Tree (桔子树)
Translated title: My Youth Begins with Loving You
Novel Updates Page: Link
Translation Checkers: Blobber, OmniBlob, Wenhui,
Editor: Nyaarenne, Blobber, mcsmacky
Proofreader: Blooming Frost
These days, all of the fine men have either already gotten married or already have a girlfriend.
If a man reaches thirty-two and he hasn’t married yet and he doesn’t have a girlfriend—nor has he ever even had a boyfriend or a girlfriend—then he definitely has some sort of physical defect.
If he doesn’t have any physical defects, then he definitely has some sort of psychological defect. If he doesn’t have any defects whatsoever, then only one explanation remains: he’s a Martian.
Miao Yuan never thought that one day, she would fall in love with a Martian!
This year, the girl who was in her early twenties had countless strange ideas.
They were mad at each other in one moment and happy with each other in the next. In one moment, they behaved well like kitties, and in the next, they were crying, saying that it was time to break-up.
Chen Mo felt that this young girl had to be some kind of alien creature. He never thought that one day, they would live together on Earth.
He is a sniper. In ‘chen mo,’ he approaches the target. Armed with only a gun, he never fails to see his target’s blood fall—he’s a natural soldier. In the past, his only love was a slender gun.
She is a pâtissier. The fragrance of milk and honey wafts off the tips of her fingers. Delicately sweet-tempered and overflowing with laughter—she’s like a budding rose.
When the muzzle of the ice-cold gun meets the gentle and beautiful rose.
When the sweet cream melts the coarse bloodstains.
Life has a way of making the most unlikely people fall in love.
Synopsis from Shushengbar
This feels so surreal
, Chen Mo thought to himself. In one hand, he was holding a gun—a gun that he had just used to take another’s life—while in the other hand, he was holding a girl who was pure and beautiful—a clean girl who probably never imagined that she would see killing and death in her life.
He thought these kinds of things only ever happened in those dust-covered fairy tales that have been lost with the passing of time—something that only ever happened in other people’s stories. Suddenly, the same emotions he had read about in these very stories began to appear in his own life. Like shy flowers, they grew in the corners of his heart, where they remained unnoticed until they bloomed.
Being in love is when when you’re willing to do things for a special person that you wouldn’t normally do for anyone else.
The earliest, most gentle, and happiest memories in our life are always sweet.
I want you to belong only to me, to gather you up into a safe little box that I can carry close to my heart.
At first, we didn’t understand what love is. We never knew how to love another person. Love was always this great mystery that we would fantasize about in our loneliness. We thought that love would be just like lightning and thunder, a violent and furious storm. We did a lot for each other and made many demands. We had to suffer through anger, heartbreak, happiness as well as pain, only to realize that love is not what we imagined it to be.
Release schedule: 1 chapter every Sunday
Translated into British English
Table of Contents:
Prologue: Reason and Emotion
Part 1: Crushing on the Mensao Man
Part 4: My heart! It aches!
Part 5: Being Loved is a Huge Blessing
Part 6: I love you, so will you come back?
- Miao Yuan (苗苑 – “Young sprout | Garden”) – Female lead
- Chen Mo (陈默 – “Silent disposition”) – Male lead
- Momo (沫沫 – “Foam”) – Female lead’s coworker and friend
- Xia Minglang (夏明朗 – “Bright summer”) – Chen Mo’s squad leader
- Lu Zhen (陆臻 – “Land / To reach perfection”) – Chen Mo’s squad teammate
- Fang Jin (方进)- Chen Mo’s squad teammate
- Xu Zhizhe (徐知着 ) – Chen Mo’s squad teammate
- Cheng Hui (成辉 – “To acquire splendor”) – The police instructor that Chen Mo works with
- Wang Zhengnan (王正楠 – “Great / Upstanding) – Chen Mo’s first blind date
- Duke (侯爷) – Chen Mo’s puppy
- Ming Ming (明明) – Lu Zhen’s puppy
- Zheng Kai (郑楷) Chen Mo’s squad teammate
- Qing Yue (秦悦) – Criminal investigation squad captain
- Milu – an Italian chef at Earth Cafe
- 武警支队的驻地 – Armed Police Detachment Station – Where Chen Mo works.
- 人间 – Earth (Café) – A cafe where Miao Yuan works.
- Xi’an Restaurant – one of the most famous restaurants in Xi’an. They’ve been serving Shaanxi cuisine since 1929, and have hosted many celebrities and dignitaries
- Barley Market Street – a night market in Xi’an specializing in ethnic Chinese Muslim food
- Prosperity & Fortune Restaurant – an actual restaurant in Xi’an famous for its paomo.
- Baijiu – a Chinese alcoholic beverage made from grain
- Mantou – a type of steamed bun that’s pretty plain tasting
- Paomo – a hot stew of chopped-up steamed leavened bread or steamed buns (known regionally as mo or mantou, cooked in lamb broth and served with lamb meat.
闷骚 – Mensao (“Outwardly cold or retiring but deep and passionate inside”)
Hello! I'm a translator just finishing up my current series (I seem Unsuited For Dating), and I was thinking about maybe picking up this series next. Has it been dropped, or are you all still working on it?
It has been dropped I think please translate it TTTTTTTTTT
I'm still hoping for new updates. Unless there's some announcement I haven't seen about this novel being dropped :(
I am praying they would be able to finish it by december... its been months since they last posted a chapter. I hope everything is going on smoothly both in translating and personal life. You can do it translator, I will keep on waiting for more chapters to come😊
Kekeke~ almost all of the comment will be back on December.
Maybe I should too? But I'm quite hooked up with the summary. What do ah?!
Quite cool summary
I want to come back by Christmas too... But am already hooked just with the summary...
I'll come back for you this Christmas, cause acc to my calculations this will be completely translated by then by then!!
See ya in 7 & + months
By my calculations, it should be done by then too!
Oh what a sweet-sounding title.